Have you heard of UK Master’s Commonwealth Scholarship? The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for all commonwealth countries not minding the present financial state of the country and it is based in UK.
This is to say that weather your country has a good GDP or not, you are eligible to apply if your country is registered with Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
Uk Master’s Commonwealth Scholarship And Its Origin
This is practically for you to know that this commonwealth scholarship is been funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships enables the selected candidates to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development.
#Now this scholarships are studied under the following categories:
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance.
- New: Strengthening resilience and response to crises.
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity.
- Promoting full global prosperity.
Selection Strategy And Plans
Every year, the selection process, countries and candidates who are the commonwealth invitees or bodies are called upon.
This is what many people ask me for: mostly about the deadline for nominating bodies to submit nominations, then here it is (18 December, 2021).
The commonwealth invites around three times more nominations than scholarships available – therefore, nominated candidates are not guaranteed to be awarded a scholarship.
The law for commonwealth scholarship is that there are no quotas for scholarships for any individual country.
Fact is that : Candidates nominated by national nominating agencies are in competition with those nominated by other nominating bodies, having the same standards applications.
For criteria selection, then Applications will be in consideration by:
- An Academic merit of the candidate.
- Quality of plan of study.
- Impact on the development of the candidate’s home country.
Career Opportunity For You-Course Of Study
Well I guess yow may find the following resources useful considering the institution and course of study in the UK:
Research Excellent Framework results – good quality system for assessing the quality of research in UK education institutions
UCAS Postgraduate – shows complete guidance on how to find and apply for a postgraduate course.
Unistats – popular and official website for comparing UK higher education course data.
UKCISA (UK Council for International Student Affairs) – advising international students on course of study.
Study UK – guidance for international students and a course and institution search.
Steps to Postgraduate Study – a simple guide to asking about postgraduate study in the UK.
Postgrad.com – information for postgraduate students, with a course search form.
Prospects – information on postgraduate study in the UK.
Eligibility (Uk Master’s Commonwealth Scholarship)
To apply for these scholarships, here are few things to do:
- You have to be a citizen of or you may have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British.
- permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Also an academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in (September/October 2020).
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
NOTE: after today you will know that commonwealth aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make change. With equal opportunity and non-discrimination, and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates.
#Complete list of eligible Commonwealth countries (Uk Master’s Commonwealth Scholarship)
Antigua, Barbuda, Bangladesh
Belize, Botswana, Cameroon
Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji.
The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada.
Guyana, India, Jamaica.
Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho.
Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius.
Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia.
Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan.
Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa.
Sierra-Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa.
Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Lucia.
St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tanzania.
Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda.
Vanuatu, and Zambia.
#How to apply
Well, having know all this then I think is high time I tell you how to apply to one of the following nominating bodies-
- All applications must be made through one of these nominating bodies. Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process.
- You are to check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their own eligibility criteria, and their own closing date for applications.
- You should make sure your application through online application system, in addition to any other application that you are to complete by your nominating body.
- The Common wealth will not accept any applications that you do not submit via the online application system.
- All applications must follow due submission by 16:00 (GMT) on 30 October 2019 at the latest.
- You are to fully register and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy.
- Your application should include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT)on 20 November 2021 for consideration:
#1. Proof of citizenship.
#2. Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications(with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system.
#3. References from at least two individuals – (referees will be receiving an email request).
Note From Our Portal: do not forget to subscribe for more post to receive notifications once I drop them, and click the image below to see more details.